How to use the virtual quide:
- Under the description of each sight, there is a “See transportation and other services for this place” -link. This will help you to find guides and other service providers in the area.
- On the Map tab, you can browse the sights in the area on a map.
- With the text search function, or the search engine on the Sights tab, you can search for sights and destinations that you would like to visit.
- On the Activities tab, you can search for Metsähallitus’ partners providing services in the Bothnian Sea area.
- The Instructions page provides more information on the functions of the service.
The presentation of the Bothnian Sea National Park uses photographs, videos, sound and html-5 contents such as spherical panoramas. Spherical panoramas are photographs that can be viewed online and rotated 360 x 180 degrees by using a mouse or touch screen. The images rotate automatically, but you can also control their rotation using the mouse.
The different modes of presentation on the map are referred to by using different symbols on the Map tab. You can find green, blue and brown buttons on the map. The circular buttons refer to spherical summer (green) and winter (blue) panoramas. Clicking the rectangular blue buttons will display videos or photographs. Clicking the brown buttons will provide information on the hiking structures in the area. The numbers on certain buttons refer to the number of sights or destinations that will be displayed by clicking the button. Clicking a numbered button will display a menu listing the sights in the area.
To function properly the service will require a browser that supports html-5.